Friday 29 April 2011

Singapore

Location: Prince of Wales Hotel, 101 Dunlop st, Little India, Singapore
I have arrived safely in Singapore! A little bit of a scare from the V Australia crew who delayed oproviding me my boarding pass to Singapore because I didn't have a return ticket. Apparently they could be up for a $10,000 fine if I get rejected by Singapore customs. No fear there, the guy didn't even ask to see my itinerary - all he asked is how long I wanted to stay for. When I said as long as possible he gave me a 90 day visa! Hopefuly unecessary, but with customs clearance who knows!

I'm staying at NJM's old haunt, the Prince of Wales for a few days. Its a bit expensive but clean with free Wifi andbreakfast included.

I'm impressed with how easy everything is in Singapore. At 8:30pm at night I managed to find a new camera bag, get a price on some Kawasaki racks, put my phone in for servicing and locate the Land and Traffic Authority. Plus i've also identified that the nay-sayers on Singapore are totaly wrong (so-far), I have seen numerous ads for museums and art galleries since I arrived...

Good to see a few things swinging my way today. Not to mention the three Norweigian sisters I was sitting next to on the flight... shame they were flying back to Norway via Singapore, via Abu Dhabi via London. Spare a thought for them.

No comments: