Friday 13 May 2011

Bike update

My poor Kowi finally has an end destination – Jakarta. Ship leaves Singapore on this Sunday 16th May. Although the Pelni information man indicated, twice (the second time with the lovely Yanti acting as translator) that there was only one boat to Kupang and it was going into dru dock service after the run leaving Tanjung Priok on the 15th May I'm confident that there must be other Pelni boats leaving from other ports.



So, it looks like I will be riding through Indonesia to at least Bali, if not even back to my old haunt the Alor islands. An alternative is putting the bike on the train through Java. Strangely, although I don't believe in fate I do feel a special affinity for Indonesia and I'm really not that fussed that I have to spend a bit of time riding through it.

No comments: