Saturday 15 October 2005

Spriggers - Remember That Scottish Guy Who Told Crap Jokes?

Location: Shepperton, Surrey TW17, UK
I wonder if any of my fellow Wattlespriggers remember that Scottish guy whom we met in Shepparton - you know, that loud obnoxious guy who made jokes that none of us understood and who looked a little like Billy Connely with his goatee?

Well, he pissed me off a bit because he was rude (beyond funny). I remember distinctly sitting around the ground after Shepparton had beat us convincingly and he made some jokes that none of us understood, one of those jokes was about Rene Descartes. It went something like this;

'Rene Descartes walks into a pub, alone, one cold night in paris, and takes a seat at the bar. The bartender comes up and asks "Would you like a beer Sir?" too which Rene replies, "I think not." and promptly disapears in a puff of smoke right before the bartenders eyes. '

If you get it, (Good for you!) keep reading. if you don't get it, keep reading!

Now - the point of the conversation with this Scottish guy was that he refused to explain his jokes because it would ruin them! So we where supposed to remember these jokes for another time. The great irony of it all is that the only joke I can remember is the one he explained, and even further irony is that since I have now been studying Rene Descartes, I get it!

Anyway, I wanted to ask if you prefer to have a joke explained, or prefer to go away, be all intellectual and hopefully, maybe, one day hear it again, understand it and find it funny.

If you prefer to have the joke explained, as I do, see the Quotes on the sidebar for a hint. If you don't - don't look and please tell me why!

No comments: